Monday, November 1, 2010

Monthly Grocery Expense

October has come to an end and a new month is beginning!  Time to see how well I did this month on my crazy $200 budget.  My total spent on groceries this month was $200.58.  I went over by .58 but I did get a lot of mileage out of the money I spent.  I added up how much I saved using coupons or a store card and the total was  $257.87!!  I saved 56% on my groceries this month!  This is quite good savings when you consider that I was not buying boxed or prepackaged food and was buying all organic fruits and vegetables.  This month I will have to set a new and better record!

To prepare for the next month, I wrote several companies one night and have posted a picture of the responses that I received.  Today I received additional coupons from Hefty and Rotel that included a free $3 item from Hefty!  Yay!  Some of these coupons I will not use because I don't buy that company's products but I will use them to trade for high value coupons I do want on Hot Coupon World.  For 30 minutes of emailing, I've received quite a return and I'm sure I'll be able to get some great deals with these coupons!

No comments:

Post a Comment