Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fantastic Savings at HEB!


Usually I don't shop at HEB because I can find better saving elsewhere with coupons.  I decided to check out a rumor I've been hearing about a great deal on Vicks Vapo Drops (cough drops) there and was pleasantly surprised!

Vicks cough drops are priced at .99 a box at HEB.  Recently, there was a coupon in the paper for $1.50 off ANY Vicks product.  I logged onto Ebay and bought 20 coupons for less than $2 and went shopping.  I bought 8 boxes of cough drops and was able to get all the products pictured for $2.60!  The manager did have to do an override to allow the high value coupons but it took just a second and was no problem.  The .50 credit on each box really adds up!  I will have lots of cough drops to donate so everybody wins!  If you want to try your luck and possibly score an awesome deal on items that never have coupons, check it out! 

I did find some good sales while I was there.  I never by frosted cereal of any kind but their Frosted Mini Wheat Spooners were clearance to .50 so I couldn't pass up that sale.  Also, some of their packaged bumble bee tuna was .79 each.  With the .55 coupon I talked about here, it is the best deal you can get on tuna at .24 each!

Happy shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment